What we do
Our role is to strengthen your financial position and to uncover unrealized strategies in your Wealth plan. We will build your plan always to reflect your changing needs and inspire confidence in your complete financial well-being.
Our approach is as unique as your personal needs and aspirations. By offering a complete and comprehensive review of your situation, we are able to provide you with the right advice at the right time. Our team delivers a personalized, comprehensive Wealth Plan designed to achieve your financial goals. All aspects of financial planning will be addressed through a holistic lens including: investments, risk management, strategic tax, retirement and estate planning. You can expect customized solutions, designed to address your unique goals and concerns.
Our goal is to be your central financial planner, helping you coordinate the activities of your other professionals, such as tax accountants and estate lawyers. We maintain a network of professional advisors we can refer to as required.
Carney Lyster & Associates
Holistic Wealth Management Process
- Gather financial data
- Explain services provided
- Outline the financial planning process
DISCUSSION OF GOALS AND CONCERNS
- Establish goals, needs and priorities
- Identify concerns and opportunities
- Determine roles and responsibilities of planner and client
PRESENTATION OF COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL PLAN
- Develop appropriate strategies to address issues and opportunities
- Compare current vs. recommended plans
- Present and review comprehensive plan – identify projections, tactics and considerations
- Discuss steps for plan implementation
ASSET ALLOCATION AND PORTFOLIO CREATION
- Prepare comprehensive investment analysis
- Prepare and review of Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Identify areas of opportunity and discuss strategic asset allocation moving forward
- Discuss retirement withdrawal strategy – minimize tax and maximize income
- Comprehensive risk management review
- Identify potential risks (short- and long-term) through a needs analysis
- Recommend appropriate strategies
TAX AND ESTATE PLANNING
- Review Wills and Power of Attorney, including establishment of trusts as required
- Implement planning through client’s current lawyer or a member of our professional network
REVIEW AND ONGOING SERVICE
- Review and monitor your Living Plan*
- Update for changes in personal circumstances
- Adjust plan for changing tax laws and economic circumstances
- Disciplined, strategic rebalancing of investment portfolio
Is your financial well-being on track?
Try our IG Living Plan Snapshot to find out. This straightforward online tool will help you assess if you’re on track to meet your goals, based on key dimensions of your financial well-being. From optimizing your retirement to preparing for the unexpected, answer a series of questions to provide an overall result out of 100. This tool also provides personalized recommendations to help create a comprehensive financial plan tailored to you and your family’s needs.
*To learn more about the IG Living Plan, visit https://www.investorsgroup.com/en/why-us/living-plan